You can claim for criminal injuries compensation online.
Before you make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), you may need the following details to fill the CICA application form:
- details of victim;
- the date and location of the crime (incident details);
- the name of the police station where the crime was reported (reporting details);
- your crime reference number;
- injuries details;
- your GP’s name and address;
- your dentist’s name and address (if you had dental treatment because of your injuries);
- details of any previous applications you’ve made to CICA;
- details of any unspent criminal convictions.
There is a comprehensive guide which provides all the information needed to file a CICA claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. The guide provides information on what is needed to prove eligibility, residency, what the Scheme covers, and the tariffs associated with compensation payouts anyone who has suffered at the hands of a third party might receive whether they were the victim of an act of violence, abuse, sexual assault or other crime that left them either psychologically or physically injured